Notes to know – we got 8 minutes out of our first run on the battery. Not bad. This drone does use a slightly larger size battery which is great so you can enjoy longer flight time before charging. We will probably be buying another couple of batteries for longer flight time. When you remove the prop guards, the Syma is a bit sluggish with response times with the prop guards on/low speed * but * perks right up. Slight susceptibility to vortex ring state (the drone can get sucked straight down towards the ground when in hover if the wind hits it wrong) – just something to be aware of! It took me about 30 seconds to set up the app with my iPhone – you turn the drone on, wait 20 seconds, and then select the Syma network as your wireless network from the phone. Then simply open the app and hit start!
It’s the simple things – not all drones have this switch! The camera snaps onto the drone instead of screwing on, great convenience factor there. The drone is super quiet and the altitude hold/hover function functions work very smoothly.
Comes with all the pieces and parts you need including a lovely mini green screwdriver and a fun little gadget to clip your phone onto the top of the controller so you can watch your streaming footage while flying. The box labels the camera quality as HD and that is not an accurate representation.
- 6-axis gyro based on 4CH ensures a stable and fast flight
- With Hover / Barometer Set Height Function
- Capable of 360° 3D rolling, and other technical actions
- High-definition camera allows for a clear first person view from the sky
- Support cellphone control from Android Phone and iPhone via Wi-Fi connectivity
- Headless mode avoids the difficulty of identifying the head and tail when you start to fly
- Left hand control, ideal for pilots of all skill levels
- Helicopter Size: 33 x 33 x 11 cm
- Helicopter Weight: 112g
- HD Camera: Photos / Video ( 0.3 MEGA)
- Helicopter battery: 3.7V 500mAh Lipo battery (included)
- Controller battery: 4*1.5V AA Battery (not included)
- Charging time: about 130 minutes (USB Charging)
- Flying time: about 5-7 minutes
- Control distance: About 30-50 meters
- Support Phone Type: iOS / Android
- Real-time shooting funtion: Yes
- Headless mode: Yes
- Hover Function: Yes
- X5HW RC Drone
- Wifi Camera
- Prop Guard
- Landing Gear
- USB Charging Cable
- Phone Clip
1. The drone fail to connect with transmitter.
Before binding, make sure battery is full. Then turn on the drone and the transmitter, the time between these two operation should be finished in 2 sec.
2. One or more motors don’t work.
Drone should stay on a flat surface during the binding, or motor is damaged.
3. Parts missing.
Check package inside and outside carefully. Or contact custom service.
4. The drone is out of balance (can’t fly, deviation, spinning on the ground).
Check the propeller is installed in the right way